MAY - 2022
May 18 - 20 • The 2022 Folk Alliance International Conference
Kansas City, Missouri
David Amram, a Recipient of The Folk Alliance Lifetime Achievement will be performing and enjoying the conference
May 22 • New England Conservatory 151st Commencement
290 Huntington Avenue, Boston
Amram will awarded his 8th Honorary Doctorate, alongside other honorees,
James Taylor (who will deliver the commencement address at Jordan Hall) and and
Ella Jenkins, regarded as the “First Lady of Children’s Music.”
The ceremonies will take place in historic Jordan Hall and will be streamed on NEC’s website (necmusic.edu).
For info at:
May 27th, 2022 • Lower East Side Festival of the Arts
Theater for the New City
155 First Avenue New York, NY 10003
The 27th Annual Festival returns!May 27 - 29, Theater, Music, Dance, Video, Film, Poetry, Cabaret, Kids Stuff, Fun!
David will be performing with his son Adam Amram at 9:20
(1st Ave between 9th and 10th street)
JUNE - 2022
June 12th, 2022 • Kerrville Folk Festival Day 18
David Amram will be conducting the Symphony of the Hills on the final day of the 18 Day Kerrville Folk Festival. David's "Theme and Variations on Red River Valley for Flute and Strings," dedicated to Hondo Crouch, will be performed with soloist Meaman Meissenback, alongside other works by The Flyin' A's, The Texicana Mamas and Bobby Bridger. David will also perform a set of his music accompanied by Adam Amram and a slew of pickers and grinners.
The Kerrville Folk Festival will be celebrating its 50th anniversary. Known for its celebration of the songwriter, David has been performing there since the 1970's. Aside from his stage appearances, he will be hanging out, jamming and appreciating all the great songwriters who attend the festival.
JULY - 2022
Amram's New Works • More work for the New Year includes:
* Working on composing and recording score for the film Laurina
* Composing two new chamber music compositions to be premiered in 2022
* Recording Offbeat: Collaborating with Kerouac as the first of three audible books
* Working film maker Lawrence Kraman and director Dillon Poole for the new documentary feature film Amram@90: Still a Promising Composer as a sequel to Kraman's prize winning feature doc David Amram: The 1st 80 Years.
* Completing Amram@90:Notes from a Promising Young Composer, his 4th book for publisher Routledge Francis/Taylor.
SEPTEMBER - 2022
Sept. 9 • 3:30 - 4:30 • Bradstock 2022
Camp Pa Qua Tuck, Center Moriches, NY
Bradstock is a two-day multi-stage music and arts festival showcasing local performers & artisans.
All rights reserved